Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You are loved!

Yesterday I was a little more stressed than usual. I had a meeting with the lab about my funding, and a test on nuclear security at five. It really wasn't these things in particular that stressed me out, but more so the "unknown", which I think if we are honest, is the main thing that drives us all mad sometimes. I feel super selfish even telling you that these things stressed me out, because in the grand scheme of life, they are minor things. People face far greater difficulties, but I've told you before I'm a worrier so my little problems always leave me feeling like a big ball of emotions far too often. Before walking out of the house yesterday, I had Prayed that God would just really open my eyes to His presence around me and take away all my fears, doubts, anxieties, etc. I KNOW God is there, but sometimes I think I get stuck in just knowing God's presence, but never really believing it or opening my eyes to it.


As I walked out of the house to head to the lab, my dad was pulling into the driveway. I was kind of in a rush, but the next thing that happened is something that will be engrained in my memory for the rest of my life. For a moment, it felt like time completely stopped. My dad pulled me close and wrapped me in the biggest hug possible, and told me that I had favor with the Lord. Wrapped in a bear hug, he then placed one hand on my head and prayed, "In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and covered by the blood of the Lamb, please bless my daughter today and keep your hand over her. She has favor with you God." I don't think I have ever felt more loved in my entire 23 years of life. Even thinking about it now, it gives me the chills. Growing up, I have always been blessed with amazing, loving parents, who never go a day without showing me this love. But, yesterday, in that moment, I felt completely overwhelmed with love. Nothing yesterday could have shaken me from that moment, and in fact, nothing did. It was one of the best days I've had all year.


That was the first sign of God's presence, and it only continued from there. I kid you not - it seemed like every single second of yesterday, God showed me He was there. He showed me His presence, literally in everything. It was almost so mind-blowing to me that I texted my mom and said "Ok, things are really starting to get weird now." I felt so unworthy of the constant blessings and reminders God was showing me. But, thinking about it now, why? That is what God WANTS to do - He wants to show us His love, His blessings, His power, so that we may glorify Him in that.


Relating this all back to that special moment that I had with my dad, it reminded me just how deep Christ's love is for us, and how He longs to show us. That moment I had with my dad in my driveway... Christ is looking to give us those moments every hour of every day. Christ longs to give us those moments where we feel completely consumed and overwhelmed by His love - except God doesn't just want to make them moments in a driveway. God wants to give us those moments every hour of every day. Sometimes (at least for me), I just get so caught up in the business of life and things that I THINK are important, that I forget to look around and experience that love He is giving me, through EVERYTHING. Love that comes in the form of a song, or the sound of a bird, or the shining sun, or just through a conversation with a friend over dinner.


"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." Zephaniah 3:17


I think in that moment with my own dad, it made me really feel special - it empowered me with strength. I felt unbeatable yesterday, as if no one or nothing could strip me of my joy. I don't know why I am surprised by this, because the Bible is FILLED with these promises of what God and His love do within us.



“I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." Ephesians 3:16-20


The best part is that Christ so longs to give us this love - each and every one of us. We are SO loved by a God that never stops. He never tires, he never complains when we mess up, he never holds grudges! He desires to fill us with a never-ending love. All you have to do is ask and look around - I can assure you that He is there! Just get ready, because I can assure you that His love is going to blow your mind.


Photobucket






No comments:

Post a Comment